From the Clifton Suspension Bridge to the bohemian communities and vibrant arts scene, Bristol is a riverside city with a deep cultural heritage.
With plenty of hip cafes, espresso bars, street food stalls and upmarket restaurants to choose from, Bristol delivers excellent dining at every turn.
Bill’s opens early and cooks throughout the day, serving sumptuous food in a quirky and modern environment.
This chain restaurant is a great example of how to create the feel of an independent eatery, whatever your size.
Customer favourites include organic, coconut porridge, huge stacks of American-style pancakes and the hearty full English, called Bill’s Breakfast.
There are, of course, vegetarian options available too, as well as food tolerance avoidance menus.
- 67 – 69 Queen’s Road, Bristol. BS8 1QL
- +44 1179 290 035
- Monday – Wednesday 08.00AM – 10:30PM, Thursday – Saturday 08.00AM – 11.00PM and Sunday 09.00AM – 10:30PM
A beautiful Italian restaurant that offers some of the finest Italian food in Bristol, Rosemarino’s offers high-quality, locally sourced food seven days a week.
Diners love their ever-changing season menu, that utilises the very best fresh produce.
Menu favourites include the Legendary “Tommy’s 1 Pan”, which is a hearty dish of meats, vegetables eggs and cheese, as well as a range of different egg dishes, granola and mushrooms on focaccia.
- 1 York Place, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 1AH
- +44 1179 736 677
- Sunday & Monday 09.00AM – 3.00PM, Tuesday – Saturday 09.00AM – 3.00PM
The Primrose Café
Operating for nearly 25 years, The Primrose Café is centrally located and a great place to capture the summer sunshine.
Perfect for eating with friends of watching the world go by, diners at the Primrose Cafe love that the owners go out of their way to source local produce and serve up home style cooking.
Menu favourites include the traditional Full Monty, which has just about everything you could think of in it, the corned beef hash, Huevos Rancheros, waffles and a range of vegetarian options.
- 1 Boyce’s Avenue, Bristol, BS8 4AA
- +44 117 946 6577
- Monday – Saturday 09.00AM – 5.00PM and Sunday 09:30AM – 5.00PM
Spicer + Cole
With an emphasis on ethically sourced, environmentally responsible foods, Spicer + Cole offers healthy, filling food set in leafy Queen’s Square in the heart of Bristol.
Diners love their wide selection of luxurious cakes or pastries, along with a healthy granola, and a variety of light dishes.
Coffee is first class in this establishment and the house espresso is a stunning South American blend, made using Colombian, Peruvian and El Salvadorian beans to produce a smooth sweet taste.
- 1 Queen’s Square Avenue, Bristol, BS1 4JA
- +44 117 922 0513
- Monday – Friday 07.30AM – 5.00PM, Saturday 08.30AM – 5.00PM and Sunday 09:00AM – 5.00PM
With extensive outdoor seating overlooking the start of the Avon Gorge and the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Lockside offers hearty food alongside brilliant views.
The perfect meeting place for locals and visitors alike, the Lockside also famously features in ‘Only Fools And Horses as Sid’s Café.
It’s other claim to fame is the range of traditional breakfasts are served up here, as well as a large selection of bubble & squeak dishes, butties and, of course, good old eggs on toast.
- No. 1 Brunel Lock Road, Cumberland Basin, Bristol, BS1 6XS
- +44 9255 800
- Monday – Saturday 07.00AM – 4.00PM, Saturday 08.00AM – 4.00PM and Sunday 09:00AM – 4.00PM
For something a bit different, check out Yurt Lush. Tucked away in Temple Meads, behind Brunel’s famous station, this is a vibrant café and bar situated in a Mongolian yurt.
Offering food and drinks made from ingredients sourced from local, reputable suppliers across the South West, diners love their bacon or sausage sandwiches, traditional rarebit and full English breakfast plates, as well as lighter dishes and vegetarian options.
- Clock Tower Yard, Temple Meads, BS1 6QH
- +44 7582 048090
- Monday – Tuesday 10.00AM – 7.30PM, Wednesday 10.00AM – 9.00PM, Thursday and Friday 10.00AM – 11.00PM and Saturday – Sunday 09:00AM – 5.00PM
Giraffe World Kitchen
Situated on the top floor of Cabot Circus, Giraffe World Kitchen offers comfy booth seating, as well as an outside seating area for diners to enjoy their amazing menu.
Whether you are after a quick cup of coffee or a slap-up breakfast, Giraffe has you covered.
Breakfast diners love the healthy granola, avocado smash, the bacon sandwiches and the Big Brunch, as well as a wide selection of pancakes and bagels.
- Glass House, Cabot Circus, Bristol, BS1 3BX
- +44 117 930 0603
- Monday – Thursday 10.00AM – 10.00PM, Friday and Saturday 09:00AM – 10.30PM and Sunday 9.00AM – 9.30PM
The Station Kitchen
Housed in a former fire station, The Station Kitchen is run by the YMCA as a social enterprise training café, providing not only amazing food but also giving training and opportunities to people looking to gain experience in the hospitality industry.
The breakfast options are simple but delicious. Healthy granola egg and/or bacon sourdough rolls and, of course, a fully loaded breakfast dishes are the most popular options.
- The Kitchen, The Station, Silver Street, Bristol, BS1 2AG
- +44 117428 6198
- Monday – Sunday 07.00AM – 3.00PM
The Crafty Egg
Tucked away in Bristol’s “cultural quarter”, The Crafty Egg offers diners the perfect place to sit down, relax and enjoy some great food and drink, whilst watching the world go by outside.
If you’re feeling hungry, try out the Crafty Breakfast, which comes with all the usual suspects, as well as spinach, salsa and other good things.
Vegetarian and vegan versions are also available, as is the Crafty Challenge, which is a breakfast piled on top of a stack of pancakes and eggs!
- 113 Stokes Croft, Bristol. BS1 3RW
- +44 1179046027
- Monday – Friday 08.00AM – 11.00PM, Saturday and Sunday 10.00AM – 11.00PM
Bringing a taste of Latin America to Bristol, Este Kitchen offers a huge range of teas and coffees to accompany a wide selection of breakfasts, all housed in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere.
Designed to be enjoyed, the Este Kitchen also has plenty of soft toys and colouring books to keep even the youngest of diners amused.
Guests love the acai berry-based superfoods, buckwheat pancakes, granola, and avocado dishes, as well as a good old fashioned Full English in the shape of the Full Este Breakfast!
- 7 Greenbank Road, Easton, Bristol, BS5 6EZ
- +44 117 378 9744
- Tuesday – Saturday 09.00AM – 5.00PM, Sunday 10.00AM – 4.00PM Closed Mondays
Other Breakfast and Brunch Guides:
- Best Breakfast in Liverpool
- Best Breakfast in Glasgow
- Best Breakfast in Brighton
- Best Breakfast in Manchester
- Best Breakfast in Edinburgh
Amar was born and raised in England and embarked on an 11-country round-the-world gap year after graduation and then became well and truly hooked. The first gap year inspired a second, which ended up being a 23-country down-the-world trip from Canada to Antarctica. Since then, Amar has spent the last 14 years traveling the 7 continents.