The second-largest city in Arizona is famous for many reasons—the 350-days a year sunshine being one of them! This makes Tucson an ideal place for outdoor activities. Once you’ve soaked up all the sun, celebrate your bright day with some delicious ice cream!
Tucson has many options for delicious cold treats, but we’ve narrowed down the list for you. Below, we will discuss the best ice cream joints in Tucson, Arizona!
Best Ice Creams in Tucson
The Screamery (Speedway Location)
When it comes to ice cream, The Screamery should be one of your first options. Before we even talk about the flavors and quality, you should know that they are the first ice cream pasteurizers in Arizona, which means they make all of their ice cream from scratch!
They offer 24 flavors of ice cream along with coffees, milkshakes, floats, and drinks. Try their ice cream nachos, flight of ice cream, or banana split for a fun dessert treat!
- 2545 E Speedway Blvd #145, Tucson, AZ 85716, United States
- +1 520 777 3080
- Monday – Friday, 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Saturday and Sunday, 12:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
Desert Dream Ice Cream
Another handmade ice cream spot, Desert Dream Ice Cream offers delicious flavors and great quality. The serving size is hearty, and you get a great bang for your buck here.
They offer a variety of ice cream flavors such as blue moon, cherry vanilla, oreo, and a great selection of toppings to pair with it! They also offer specialty sundaes, signature sauces, and more!
- 210 N 4th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85705, United States
- +1 520 861 0140
- Sunday – Wednesday, 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
Hub Ice Cream Parlor
Why stick with simple ice cream when you can go to Hub Ice Cream Parlor for a unique experience? They offer several items from simple, hand-made ice cream to sorbets, cookies, ice cream sandwiches, bubble waffles, and much more!
Their best-selling items include their waffle bowls and bubble waffles. They even have vegan options available!
- 245 E Congress St, Tucson, AZ 85701, United States
- +1 520 622 0255
- Monday – Thursday, 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Sunday, 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Friday and Saturday, 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
7 Degrees Ice Cream Rolls & Boba Tea
Making your ice cream roll in front of you on a cold plate, 7 Degrees Ice Cream Rolls & Boba Tea offers fresh and quality treats. They have a great selection of flavors and toppings!
They offer a very unique experience to the customers as you can play board games, read the wall, and even write on the wall while you are waiting or having your ice cream. The best-sellers include Sexy Georgia and Snow White.
- 4386 N Oracle Rd Ste 160, Tucson, AZ 85705, United States
- +1 520 444 3053
- Friday – Saturday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Sunday, 12:00 AM – 7:30 PM. Tuesday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
If you want to experiment with unique and delicious gelato flavors, visit Frost Gelato.
They offer 64 flavors of gelato and 25 types of sorbet. They even offer specialty featured flavors that change each month! It is an all-in-all place offering coffee, cakes, drinks, and more.
- Tanque Verde Place, 7301 E Tanque Verde Rd #191, Tucson, AZ 85715, United States
- +1 520 886 0354
- Monday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 1:00 AM.
Big Boy Ice Cream
Big Boy Ice Cream definitely knows their ice cream! They distribute ice cream and candy to many big name brands you’ve heard of like Blue Bunny Ice Cream and Wonder Ice Cream. They have been operating for several years and offer above satisfactory ice cream.
They also sell candy, which makes a great pair for a cold treat!
- 750 E Evans Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85713, United States
- +1 520 882 6468
- Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM. Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM.
Cold Stone Creamery
Cold Stone Creamery is one of the most popular ice cream joints in the country, for good reason! They offer cakes, ice cream, sorbets, and other sweet treats.
They have a wide variety of ice cream flavors and toppings to create your perfect ice cream dish! You can even create your own customized ice cream if you don’t find something that fancies your taste buds on the menu. Both the cheesecake and the chocolate are best-sellers.
- 1927 E Speedway Blvd #115, Tucson, AZ 85719, United States
- +1 520 790 1003
- Monday – Saturday, 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM. Sunday, 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM.
Store Dairy Queen
With two new flavor favorites out, the Dairy Queen Store is the favorite ice cream spot for many in Tucson. Operational since 1940, they have mastered the art of making ice cream.
Affordability and taste go hand in hand here. It is creamy and firm at the same time, which makes sure that it doesn’t drip at all, even in the heat of this desert city.
- 501 N 4th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85705, United States
- +1 520 882 0959
- Monday – Sunday, 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM.
Chocolate Iguana On 4th
Located in the heart of the city, the Chocolate Iguana on 4th is a must-visit for ice cream lovers. It doesn’t just offer ice cream alone; they also offer food, drinks, and fun!
The ambiance is amazing, and the brick walls are an excellent touch. The best-selling ice cream flavors include German Chocolate Cake and Bourbon Almond Brittle.
- 431 N 4th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85705, United States
- +1 520 798 1211
- Sunday – Wednesday, 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Thursday – Saturday, 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
Pistachio almond, tax crunch, gold medal rush, chocolate chip, and cotton candy are only some of the great flavors you can get from Baskin-Robbins. This famous ice cream shop offers the best!
It is world-famous for a reason, high-quality, unique flavors and the creamiest ice cream are a promise!
- 8670 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85710, United States
- +1 520 721 4171
- Sunday – Monday, 12:00 AM – 1:00 AM.
You might also be interested in:
- Best Pizza in Tucson
- Best Breweries in Tucson
- Best Bars in Tucson
- Best Tacos in Tucson
- Best Burgers in Tucson
- Best Wings in Tucson
- Best Sushi in Tucson
- Best Cafes in Tucson
- Best Fancy Restaurants in Tucson
- Best Steakhouses in Tucson
- Best Lunch in Tucson
- Best Mexican food in Tucson
- Best Restaurants in Tucson
- Best Vegetarian Restaurant in Tucson
- Best Breakfast in Tucson